Muse Group creates the world's most popular software and communities for musicians. Today, Muse Group reaches over 400 million users worldwide through its portfolio of software, mobile apps, and online services that includes Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity, StaffPad, and more.
Each product has its own history and audience, for example, Ultimate Guitar is a popular content platform for guitarists and singers, MuseScore is one of the largest sheet music catalogs as well as open-source software for writing original compositions and arrangements, Audacity is an open-source audio editor, StaffPad is an application for creating musical compositions using handwriting recognition.
The company has 7 products (verticals) and ecosystem directions (horizontals) - Monetization, Marketing, Content, ML, Operations, and others, that help each product and business as a whole to develop and grow. We also plan to increase the number of products in our portfolio and expand into new markets and user segments.
We are seeking a VP of Product
to lead the overall vision of our portfolio of products and the possible transformation into an integrated ecosystem of apps, and a platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader
with experience defining workflows and requirements for the development of well-loved music and audio software.Key responsibilities:
- Participate in long-term strategic planning in advisory role and identify products drivers
- To speed up products audience growth
- Establish and execute products strategy (based on overall company strategy)
- Shaping up the “platformation” process (platform + transformation)
- Product planning to achieve business goals
- Establish culture and practices for product teams focused on delivering and maximizing business impact
- Coordinate with Product Owners to define the product vision and prioritization for ecosystem integration
- Evaluate new and promising technologies that may impact product to significantly unlock business scale and impact value
- Create an environment that promotes product excellence that attracts and retains high-performing talent
- Work with the Strategy Team to identify potential product acquisitions to achieve business goals
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years in an executive or similar level capacity
- Free open-source software experience, deep understanding of the community and approaches of FOSS development
- Proven track record in leading the vision and requirements for music and audio products that resulted in extraordinary audience growth
- Deep knowledge and experience in the full lifecycle of software product development
- Exceptional cross-functional collaborator with an ability to bring people along with your vision
- Ability to define requirements for a product built from the ground up as well as enhance mature products, balancing short term and long term technology investments
- Deep understanding of music and audio production tools with personal experience as a composer, arranger, or producer
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proven track record of managing international teams
- International experience: become a part of an international team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we positively impact the lives of 400 million musicians around the world - and growing! And also on this role you will influence on business decisions at the company level as well.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language lessons, conferences and business books.
- Care: we offer generous health insurance, discount on insurance for family members, therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- Relocation support to Cyprus for employee and family members (if needed).