empowers music makers. We create the world’s most popular apps for playing, recording and composing music.
Through our innovative learning tools, expansive music catalogs and free open-source software, we make it easier for millions — from beginners to experienced musicians — to be creative every day.
Our talented team of music lovers collaborate all over the globe, from Limassol to Seoul, Boston to Berlin. We’re an ambitious company with the drive and culture of a startup — with many more exciting Muse Group developments to come.We’re constantly evolving therefore after months of research and user feedback we’re launching a new strand - educational courses for musicians. This will give all of our users access to our catalogue of video courses on music theory and how to play different instruments. Our courses are proving popular hence the exciting move in this direction. Users can learn to play a plethora of instruments by taking our courses, practice freely, and share their results through our platform.Key responsibilities:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Propose a detailed and ambitious product strategy for the Courses development
- To focus on audience growth, product retention, and user satisfaction. Work on external traffic and interest in Courses and increase Product NPS.
- Create high-level visions for future improvements and product direction, with a keen eye for market opportunities
- Continuously update and improve the product’s long-term roadmap
- Conduct market, competitive, and user research
- Work on product strategy and planning (quarterly, annually)
- Take over and complete the execution of the Courses Product
- Be responsible for the unit economics to achieve revenue goals
- Attract new authors and maintain a consistently high retention rate of authors
- Be responsible for the Courses content and production of new courses if needed
- Build a team necessary to develop the described Product
- Manage projects and work closely with colleagues from the Executive Team and Product teams
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner with a proven track record of strategic decisions that resulted in significant user and revenue growth
- Hands-on experience in establishing processes (planning, delivering, reporting, etc)
- Experience in identifying significant growth opportunities for the product (new user segments, new markets, new business models, etc) and their implementation
- High analytical literacy with a proven track record of data-driven decisions that had a significant impact on product and business performance
- Music background (music school or knowing how to play a musical instrument)
- Ability to translate business goals into the product development plan
- Strong management skills with an ability to prioritize according to business objectives
- Excellent leadership and communication skills in managing remote teams in multiple locations; ability to build lasting relationships
- A healthy balance between quality and speed (i.e. high work standards and developing ahead of the competitors)
- Result-driven attitude and critical thinking
- Experience working with international markets
- Fluent spoken and written English for efficient communication
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working with a product that has a large international community would be an advantage (our products have a long history and a large community of musicians)
- International experience: become a part of an international team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we positively impact the lives of 400 million musicians around the world - and growing! And also on this role you will influence on business decisions at the company level as well.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language lessons, conferences and business books.
- Care: we offer therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- Relocation support to Cyprus for employee and family members (if needed).