Muse Group creates the world's most popular software and communities for musicians.
We develop free open source software for music composition and production, build extensive content catalogues and continually innovate to improve the quality of life for the ordinary musician. This makes Muse Group the fastest growing company in the Music Technology segment.
Today, Muse Group reaches over 400 million users worldwide through its portfolio of software, mobile apps, and online services that includes Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity and more.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer
to join us in taking the famous, open source audio editor, Audacity, to the next level!About the role:
You will need exceptional UX experience, as well as a very strong understanding of building interfaces (UI skills). You’ll be involved in every step of the product development process, from concepting and testing ideas to ensuring quality through launch.
You will need to have a deep understanding of audio editing and music production, with a familiarity of other audio editors and DAWs on the market. As a designer, you’ll need to be able to take highly complex ideas and convert them into emotionally resonant and intuitive interfaces. Responsibilities :
- Use practical design methodology to construct concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Create UX design mockups in Figma, defining consistent and well thought through interaction models
- Develop wireframes and prototypes to test and learn from users
- Work closely with engineers to create an immersive and intuitive user experience
- Conduct structured assessments of UX choices for a specific design goal
- Take all initial ideas and convert them into fully formed specifications for implementation
- Contribute to and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Leverage data and user feedback to help draw actionable conclusions that drive and influence stakeholder’s design decisions
- Help to conduct secondary user research and use analysis methods to answer questions and fill knowledge gaps
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and collaborations with Product Managers, Engineering, Community Members and Users.
- Help to create a strong interactive design point-of-view and help cross-functional teams clearly understand your vision
- 4+ years of desktop app design experience, with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early-stage ideation and high-fidelity design to product launch
- Excellent presentation skills
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs, preferably including work that is publicly available and actively used
- Solid visual skills with a detailed appreciation of iconography, color, layout and accessibility
- Experience in testing websites and applications and familiarity with finding and logging bugs
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills with confidence and comfort to work autonomously with short, daily check-ins from stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Figma in order to hand assets over to developers
- Knowledge of various DAWs is required
- Leadership and strategic ability to drive initiatives and projects is a big plus
- Advanced experience in designing for responsive web and mobile apps would be a plus
- Ability to quickly produce a great range of UX/UI concepts, as well as go deep to identify edge cases
- Ability to work with distributed team across multiple time zones
- Excellent written and spoken English. Team operates primarily in English
- Remote work: you can work from home or from a co-working space, which we compensate in any city.
- Freedom: we work for the result. You are free to choose your working hours and location as long as you are available for your team and meet your OKRs.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language classes, conferences and business books.
- Care: extended VHI from the first day of work, discount on insurance for family members, corporate psychologist, assistance in difficult life circumstances, assistance with relocation.
- International experience: working with teams in Europe, US and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians - people of art - that's why each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we are a fast-growing company that creates products enjoyed by 400 million musicians around the world