Muse Group is seeking a Head of Product Design
to work across its suite of digital products and lead design strategy for the world's most popular software and communities for musicians.
Our popular products, including Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity and StaffPad, reach over 400 million users around the world and are created for and by the musicians.
We are looking for an experienced product design leader and innovative thinker to work across the eco-system of brands and multiple user segments. You will be creating a unified design strategy
for the product portfolio, while leaving room for distinct brand identities that target a variety of audiences. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for the development of design strategy, processes and best practices across fast growing product teams and take part in the upcoming rebrand projects.
We endeavour to build emotional design practices
, putting our users at the centre of our product design decisions. A perfect candidate will have a proven track record of smart, data-driven product design decisions that made tangible impact on user experience and product metrics.
This is a rare opportunity for someone who wants to join a fast-growing company with ambitious 5-year goals, build the team and influence the development of leading music products.Role & Responsibilities You Will:
You Are & You Have:
- Establish and lead product design vision, strategy and principles for a portfolio of popular digital services and tools
- Standardize design processes and ensure highest quality output
- Hire and develop talented, multi-cultural teams, based internationally
- Lead rebrand projects, alongside our Creative Director
- Define and lead emotional design strategy for each of the products
- Champion user experience research as the basis for every product design decision; understand thoroughly use cases and audience segments
- Together with Product Owners, contribute to user engagement and retention through smart design solutions that lead to forming habits and creating positive emotions
- Build strong partnerships with other functions (Engineering, Licensing, Monetization) and the leadership team to ensure that they have the right processes, insights and guidance in creating a world-class product experience
- Maintain and promote strong relationships with the in-house creative team to ensure a cohesive brand and design language throughout customer journey - from seeing an ad to experiencing the product
- Put user first and act as ambassador to Company’s mission of continually improving the quality of life for the ordinary musician
- A successful track record as a Product Design Director or Head of Product Design in a fast-growing digital company (desktop and mobile apps, SaaS applications, web experiences)
- Thorough understanding of emotional design principles and how to implement them
- Understanding of the music industry and musicians' needs. It will be helpful if you play an instrument and/or do audio/music creation, editing, publishing
- Recent examples of data-driven decisions that led to quantifiable improvements in user experience, engagement and retention
- Ability to setup and follow meaningful KPIs
- Ability to prioritize effectively while working with multiple projects and remaining focused on user value
- A user-first mindset and ability to manage design work from strategy to execution to critical analysis and systematic improvements
- Experience in recruiting, mentoring and managing top UX/UI/Research teams
- Communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Remote work: you can work from home or from a co-working space, which we compensate in any city.
- Freedom: we work for the result. You are free to choose your working hours and location as long as you are available for your team and meet your OKRs.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language classes, conferences and business books.
- Care: extended VHI from the first day of work, discount on insurance for family members, corporate psychologist, assistance in difficult life circumstances, assistance with relocation to Kaliningrad.
- International experience: working with teams Europe, US, Russia and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians - people of art - that's why each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we are a fast-growing company that creates products enjoyed by 400 million musicians around the world