Muse Group creates the world's most popular software and communities for musicians. Today, Muse Group reaches over 400 million users worldwide through its portfolio of software, mobile apps, and online services that includes Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity, StaffPad, and more.
Each product has its own history and audience, for example, Ultimate Guitar
is a popular content platform for guitarists and singers, MuseScore
is one of the largest sheet music catalogs as well as open-source software for writing original compositions and arrangements, Audacity
is an open-source audio editor, StaffPad is an application for creating musical compositions using handwriting recognition.
At the moment the company has 7 products (verticals) and ecosystem directions (horizontals) - Monetization, Marketing, Content, ML, Operations, and others, that help each product and business as a whole to develop and grow. We also plan to increase the number of products in our portfolio and expand into new markets and user segments. Though the company is making all its decisions based on data, we still feel the need to improve our data-driven approach and create a data culture for more effective business development and further implementation of the company's plans.
We are looking for a Head of Analytics
who has hands-on experience in building data infrastructure in a company, collecting and systematizing metrics vertically and horizontally, unifying data collection and analytics methodologies across teams, and managing a team of analysts and data engineers by developing a data-driven culture.Key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a robust data infrastructure: data warehouse, BI system, DS models;
- Establish a unified methodology to calculate product, user, and business metrics at the company level, enabling the tracking of business-relevant metrics and making the management process clear and transparent;
- Set up a systematic and regular analysis of trends (product, user, and business) and apply the results of the analysis to business solutions;
- Improve the quality of analytical tools: make them more convenient and/or select the most effective one;
- Help the business to develop a strategy for a data-driven approach in the company and help make data-driven decisions.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing a team of analysts and engineers;
- Experience in building a data science and data analytics function. Ability to prioritize the tasks of engineers and analysts in a rapidly growing business and function;
- Experience in developing analytical models and principles that have significantly contributed to strategic decision-making and significant business results;
- Hands-on experience in improving data collection and processing tools and methodologies, as well as their accuracy and quality;
- Hands-on experience in working with product, IT, marketing, finance, and commercial departments and customizing analytics solutions for their effective work;
- Experience in building data warehouses;
- Good knowledge of mathematics and basics of statistics;
- Experience in ad hoc management and product analytics with a large number of stakeholders;
- Focus on business results and the ability to share your successful cases using specific metrics;
- Experience working in a distributed team (we work remotely);
- English level - Upper-Intermediate and above (key stakeholders are English speakers).
- Relocation: we support you and your family members in relocation to Cyprus. Where you can work remotely and from our office in Limassol.
- At Muse Group you will have a chance to lay the foundation of analytics and build new expertise from scratch.
- International experience: become a part of an international team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Influence on business decisions at the company level.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language lessons, conferences and business books.
- Care: we offer generous health insurance, discount on insurance for family members, therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we positively impact the lives of 400 million musicians around the world - and growing!