Muse Group creates the world's most popular software and communities for musicians. Today, Muse Group reaches over 400 million users worldwide through its portfolio of software, mobile apps, and online services that includes Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity, StaffPad, and more.
Each product has its own history and audience, for example, Ultimate Guitar is a popular content platform for guitarists and singers, MuseScore is one of the largest sheet music catalogs as well as open-source software for writing original compositions and arrangements, Audacity is an open-source audio editor, StaffPad is an application for creating musical compositions using handwriting recognition.We have a modern stack:
SPA in React and Typescript with Redux for state management (we use redux-toolkit).
There is an opportunity to make architectural and product decisions, participate in the product's public launch and develop our small design system.
We use a lot of cool stuff: Service Workers for cache management and complex data processing. We use WebAssembly for decoding audio and our native formats on the client-side, and so much more.You will like it here if:
What is useful to consider:
- You are not afraid of being the only front-end developer in the team, and you are ready to take responsibility;
- You like the spirit of a startup and want to influence the product directly and take part in building a strategy;
- You want to create entirely new tools and services for musicians;
- You love not only to create new things but also to perfect existing solutions;
- You are interested in working in a strong and very ambitious team.
- Our audience is mainly from the USA and Europe. There are also colleagues in these countries we communicate with now and then. For comfortable working, the knowledge of English should be at least of Upper -Intermediate level.
- You work independently. If there is not enough information in your work, you can ask questions by yourself, review the info from analytics, find the right people to understand the problem better, and create a good solution.
- We trust each other's opinions, but it is important to justify each decision.
Experience in music is a great bonus. If you know how to play a musical instrument and understand the dreams and pains of an ordinary musician right from the start, this will speed up our work.We offer:
- Reward: competitive salary and opportunity to grow in the rapidly scaling global company.
- Flexibility: work from home or from a co-working space of your choice.
- Care: generous health insurance, therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- International experience: become part of a global team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Impact: opportunity to influence the development of the music industry and positively impact the lives of millions of musicians around the world.
- Creativity: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is