Muse Group creates the world's most popular software and communities for musicians. Today, Muse Group reaches over 400 million users worldwide through its portfolio of software, mobile apps, and online services that includes Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity, StaffPad, and more.
Each product has its own history and audience, for example, Ultimate Guitar is a popular content platform for guitarists and singers, MuseScore is one of the largest sheet music catalogs as well as open-source software for writing original compositions and arrangements, Audacity is an open-source audio editor, StaffPad is an application for creating musical compositions using handwriting recognition.
The company has 7 products (verticals) and ecosystem directions (horizontals) - Monetization, Marketing, Content, ML, Operations, and others, that help each product and business as a whole to develop and grow. We also plan to increase the number of products in our portfolio and expand into new markets and user segments.
At the moment each of our product teams has developers and engineers, but there is no unified development direction for joint decision-making regarding technology development in the company. We want to build a development unit to ensure more efficient team collaboration and better technology decision-making. That's why we are looking for a Chief Technology Officer
, who has hands-on experience in establishing development direction, and who will be responsible for technological development, Time to Market, stability, and the quality of products and platforms.Key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a robust development direction together with our developers and engineers;
- Prepare and implement a technology development strategy for the company and products in line with the business strategy that will increase speed and quality of the development and services;
- Establish the workflow of the technology teams responsible for the development and support of the company's platforms, products, and internal systems;
- Implement and refine the following business platforms: Payment Gate, User ID, Campaigning;
- Audit and plan the development of the company's target technology stack, tools, and libraries as part of the product development and processes;
- Configure the tools for code deployment;
- Establish and maintain resilient infrastructure;
- Automate internal IT processes;
- Build an attractive engineering culture, work with the team;
- Manage technical security and data protection system.
- Experience in design and implementation of technology strategies to meet the business strategy requirements;
- Technical Architect skills;
- Experience managing product or platform development teams in technology companies of 100 FTE or more;
- Experience building effective development processes (using Agile methodologies);
- The company's main programming languages are React, PHP, React Native, C++ (desktop). We expect a CTO to have hands-on development experience and experience writing code in these languages;
- Knowing Yii Framework is nice to have.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- International experience: become a part of an international team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we positively impact the lives of 400 million musicians around the world - and growing! And also on this role you will influence on business decisions at the company level as well.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language lessons, conferences and business books.
- Care: we offer generous health insurance, discount on insurance for family members, therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- Relocation support to Cyprus for employee and family members.