Part of Muse Group
suite of digital products for musicians, Ultimate Guitar
is a popular web and mobile content platform for guitarists, singers and more. It also boasts helpful features that help musicians of any skill set to learn how to play an instrument and further advance their skills. It's a product with a global presence (especially strong in the US, UK and Western Europe), 20+ years of history and a large, diverse audience of 200 million users a year. UG operates a freemium business model.
Muse Group has an ambitious development plan for UG in the next 5 years that includes entering new markets and new user segments, as well as improving and introducing features that drive product engagement and retention. We are looking for an experienced product leader to lead UG’s team and ultimately grow the platform to become a world-class digital product with exceptional user experience.
Ultimate Guitar’s Chief Product Owner
will manage a team of 20+ people (and growing) that includes development, monetization, advertising, analytics, tech platform and product units.Key responsibilities:
- User segmentation that ensures that UG has a high product-market fit in each key user segments
- Product development roadmap per each key user segment
- Commercial and user growth strategy (5 year plan, 2-3 year plan, 1 year plan) with set objectives for each period
- Double digit growth rate in the number of users and revenue YoY
- Monetary and user growth strategy (5 year plan, 2-3 year plan, 1 year plan) with set objectives for each period
- Building and developing meaningful product analytics (metrics, KPIs, etc) to ensure that all decisions about the product are data-driven
- Linking product metrics and performance with Muse Group ecosystem and corporate objectives
- Building and advancing user testing to ensure high NPS and highest user experience standards
- Develop Product Led Growth (virality) mechanics and organic-first growth
- Develop engagement and retention mechanics to ensure high product lifetime in each user segment
- Collaborate with other product leaders across Muse Group ecosystem to identify points of growth and critical synergies
- Collaborate with functions leaders (Marketing, Content, Data, Operations, Finance, Legal) to ensure efficient and effective deliverables in cross-functional projects
- Successful experience in managing large global digital products (web and mobile) with freemium business model
- 5+ years in Product Owner role with proven track record of making strategic decisions that provide significant growth in users and revenue
- Experience in identifying significant growth opportunities for the product (new user segments, new markets, new business models etc) and its implementation
- High analytical literacy with proven track record of data driven decisions that have a significant impact on product and business performance
- Ability to translate business goals into product development plan
- Thorough understanding of product design (its objectives and impact on product metrics)
- Strong management skills with ability to prioritise based on business objectives
- Ability to create and communicate product vision and mission and engage diverse teams around common goals
- Excellent leadership and communication skills in leading remote teams in multiple locations; ability to build lasting relationships
- Hands on experience in establishing processes (planning, delivering, reporting, etc)
- Healthy balance between quality and speed (i.e. high work standards and developing ahead of competition)
- Practical knowledge and experience in SEO
- Result-driven attitude and critical thinking
- Experience working with a product that has a large international community would be an advantage (our product has a long history and a large community of musicians)
- Interest and passion for the music industry (guitar skills would be a huge advantage)
- Fluent spoken and written English that allows for seamless and effective communication
- Remote work: you can work from home or from a co-working space, which we compensate for in any city.
- Freedom: we focus on results. You are free to choose your working hours and location as long as you are available for your team and meet your OKRs.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language lessons, conferences and business books.
- Care: we offer generous health insurance, discount on insurance for family members, therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- International experience: become a part of an international team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we positively impact the lives of 400 million musicians around the world - and growing!