Muse Group creates the world's most popular software and communities for musicians. Today, Muse Group reaches over 400 million users worldwide through its portfolio of software, mobile apps, and online services that includes Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore, Audacity, StaffPad, and more.
Each product has its own history and audience, for example, Ultimate Guitar is a popular content platform for guitarists and singers, MuseScore is one of the largest sheet music catalogs as well as open-source software for writing original compositions and arrangements, Audacity is an open-source audio editor, StaffPad is an application for creating musical compositions using handwriting recognition.
The company has 7 products (verticals) and ecosystem directions (horizontals) - Monetization, Marketing, Content, ML, Operations, and others, that help each product and business as a whole to develop and grow. We also plan to increase the number of products in our portfolio and expand into new markets and user segments.
At the moment we are looking for an experienced and hands-on leader for the role Chief Marketing Officer
with deep knowledge in Public Relations, Social Media Marketing, and Creative production.You will:
- Be in charge of market analysis expertise: understand the industry market and competitors, develop our positioning strategy, and suggest market opportunities.
- Play the role of an in-house agency doing market, competitor, customer, and partner research
- Manage PR: be fully responsible for this direction, build up relationship with Influencers, provide support for major releases.
- Establish partnerships with niche segments, communities, partners, and artists that Performance Marketing can't reach
- Be responsible for Social Media Marketing: regular social media monitoring, share of voice
- Creative production: work with agencies, generate advertising creatives, promos for products and launches, creatives for landing pages and emails.
- Provide monthly reports and analytical data: reports on each direction and media campaigns.
- Practical experience in all of the above tasks and a willingness to be directly involved in the tasks.
- Experience working with international products and in international markets.
- Experience working in a horizontal structure and managing a small team.
- Extensive network of trusted contacts among media, journalists, and media platforms.
- Experience in our industry (sheetmusic, music publishing, hobby, music in general) would be an advantage.
- International experience: become a part of an international team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Creativity every day: we make products for musicians, artists and creators, and so each of us is a bit of a musician.
- Opportunity to influence the development of the music industry: we positively impact the lives of 400 million musicians around the world - and growing! And also on this role you will influence on business decisions at the company level as well.
- Growth: we pay for specialized training, language lessons, conferences and business books.
- Care: we offer generous health insurance, discount on insurance for family members, therapy and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- Relocation support to Cyprus (if needed) for employee and family members.