The UG team is growing to achieve super ambitious goals in the next years. That’s why we are looking for an experienced backend developer to join the team. We plan to improve authorization and registration processes and work on CRM system integration, localization, and growth of video content consumption on the platform. We do have the content, we just need to distribute it effectively: recommendation systems, new entry points, search service improvements - all the things that will increase the consumption of content and user timespent.What you will do:
- Create a flexible architecture and adapt the already existing functionality to this state;
- Design new functionality from scratch;
- Improve the search function and search engines - Sphinx, Elastic;
- Improve content catalogs, ranking, and recommendations (while collaborating with the in-house ML services).
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in modern PHP (we use PHP 8.0), as well as an ability to use the strengths of the language;
- Ability to design and optimize relational databases (we use MySQL);
- Experience in Yii2 would be an advantage;
- Ability to manage and support projects from the design to release stage;
- Ability to estimate deadlines, report problems in time, and be result-oriented;
- Understanding which tasks should be solved "quickly" and which ones should be solved "perfectly";
- Experience in improving PHP application performance to handle high load.
What we offer:
- Experience handling high-loaded projects with a long history of development;
- Experience sending analytical data to analytics services/repositories (ClickHouse);
- Experience working with search engines (Elastic);
- Experience in high-volume video content delivery.
- Reward: competitive salary and opportunity to grow in the rapidly scaling global company.
- Flexibility: work from home or from a co-working space of your choice.
- Care: generous health insurance, therapy, and assistance in difficult life circumstances.
- International experience: become part of a global team, from the US to the UK and beyond.
- Impact: opportunity to influence the development of the music industry and positively impact the lives of millions of musicians around the world.
- Creativity: we make products for musicians, artists, and creators, so each of us is a bit of a musician.